Monday, April 03, 2017

Changing my routine

Today, I start a new routine. For the past 2 years plus I have been arriving at the office 1 hour ahead of my official start work time, hitching a free ride from hubby. This morning I took a bus and a train and I was 30 minutes late. I could have just taken a train straight from my home but because the morning peak hour, the crowd is horrifying, so I try out a different route by taking a bus and half way switch to train. It was less crowded. Just the express bus timing was delayed and went to take a normal bus instead. If the bus came on time, I supposed I would not be so late.

I will do it again tomorrow., since I could avoid the heavy crowd at the train station. With such, I get to sleep a little more of about 40 minutes. And the time passes in office seems faster. I also get to see my Becky before I leave the house as he now is awake. Previously, when we leave the house, he was still in daze from waking up. I also get to prepare more food for him.

We must learn to see and observe other method of doing our routine. This idea of switching transport modes came from my daughters. One day when they go to school themselves, I texted them to ask about their timing and the bus they take. It din came to my mind that they could take an Express bus that happened to operate during that peak period and stop by their school bus stop. It was a pretty fast journey. It then ring a bell on my mind that I could do the same, as there is a train station there too. They indeed the smarter ones. 

Good try.