Monday, April 24, 2017

Aging & Old age

Recently I met up with my girlfriends and we talked about mainly family, families. Let me talk about aging.

We all are aging, everyday, every one aged. Then, when we reached this age, we have more, i.e. sickness, illness. 2 of my girl friends' families members have gotten cancer. The killer. One is a father-in-law (fil), another one is a sister-in-law (sil). The fil case we knew of it long ago, just it has deteriorated. And the sil case is a new and sudden. Fil, is just prolonging his life, while the sil just started a very fierce treatment, Radiation Therapy, 33 cycles at one go. 

How a person can withstand the 33 cycles treatment! But the way, she is younger than me I assumed, just gave birth to a second son few months ago. Wish her all the best and fast recovery! Stay happy and let go everyone!

Any better ways to avoid? 

*********************************************************************************

Old age, meaning our old folks at home. I think I am lucky with one surviving parent, not that I am happy about it. Seeing how the old folks at home don't talk with each other, go to the hospital A&E alone, find fault with each other, having one less is easier I supposed. 

My parents married not on dating but match-make. And I seldom have peace when I was young. One of my girlfriend told us her father admitted to the hospital in the mid of the night by himself. And it was when the hospital called my friend up then she/they know that he was in the hospital. Suspected mild heart attack. She still has a pair of parents living together but not talking to each other. 

Then we have cases of impossible sibling/children, where they are unfilial, and then returned when they are broke and fallen. When they were gracious and rich, they ignore their family and parents. This angered many of the sibling who are taking care of the parents.The parents being biased and favour, hurts even more to the children taking care of them. And many more different type of stories. 

How can one avoid all this? 
Parents must be fair.
All the children must guided properly to correct moral with good education.

What's your take?