Friday, March 06, 2015

Tiger god birthday.

Today is Tiger God's Birthday, zheng yue shi liu. I took pm leave yesterday thinking to pray to Tiger god yesterday, but not all temples offer prayer yesterday. So I have to go today, in the morning before going to work.
 
I arrived at the temple around 7.20am. There were nuns and the helpers setting up busy preparing. I was probably the 1st "customer", the abbot say, wow so early in Chinese. hahahahaha.
 
Then the helper help me with the necessary, like writing my name, burn holes on the paper on the faces and eyes of the images, wow, my 1st time doing such, because previously at the other temple, this was not done. Something different. And the helper also spoke to me in some English. Happy.
 
This was totally different encounter. No one will stand there to recite anything for you. I have to burn holes on the paper, and light the candles and incense and pray then put the egg and tau kua in front of the Tiger, then can burn the joss paper, finally, throw the pack of beans around the tiger.
 
Wow wow wow.
 
Before I left, the helper inform me the Guan Yin Kai Ku day on lunar calendar 1st month 26, and ask me to come.
 
I am so happy to experienced this something special and be the 1st!