Sunday, March 29, 2015

My respect and thank you to you, Mr Lee Kuan Yew

I made it, to pay my last respect and gratitude to Mr Lee, the last day for the public to pay respect to him at the Parliament House. The actual plan was to go at 1am Saturday morning. However, there was news that the queue at Padang was suspended until further notice. We went back to bed.

Then we decided we will just attend the state funeral on Sunday. However, I still feel regret not having to pay him the last respect personally. Therefore, after lunch, I told my family I am going to queue now, 1.15pm. My 2 younger have piano lesson could not come with me. It is just too regretful and heart pain not attending.

I reached cityhall at about 2pm. Along the way, there were numerous helpful volunteers, staff, Army officers and many more. They were there to guide, encourage and provide us with food, water, umbrellas, raincoats, sweets, tissue paper, fanning the hot crowd and even staff pick up the rubbish on the street. We are Singaporean doing for each and everyone of us for one man, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

I finally reached the Parliament House around 6pm. Say my final Thank you to you. I will not have regret for this. What you have done for us most of your life, this is nothing comparable to you.

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew.