Sunday, November 16, 2008

My review on W595

I have changed the phone with my daughter's Samsung L700.

For W595, i personally felt that the basic requirement of the phone was not able to fulfil. The phone is very pretty and no doubt about it. The sound is also good, however, the screen is not as good, when i transferred pictures from PC to the phone and save it as screen saver & wallpaper, they become blurred even though the pictures were taken with high mega pixels. I was disappointed.

Next, which i am most particular about phone. The SMS alert only sounded for 5 seconds and stop with the screen become blackout, even i have set the alert to a song which last for at least 4 mins. I emailed Sony Ericsson about this and this is their reply:"The ringtones for your handset unit is only set to play for 10 - 15 seconds only." But i have tested many times and they dont ring more than 5 seconds. If i m waiting for a SMS, i must hold on to the phone otherwise I m sure to miss SMS. In fact, even since I have the phone I always miss SMS or miss calls because the ringing is simply too short. What would i be able to hear if i m in a noisy place and it rings only 5 seconds. NOTHING AT ALL!

Another thing about the phone which i dislike is the screen blackout within a few seconds of idling, even if there is a transmission between phones via bluetooth. I also emailed them and this is their reply :" I do apologize there are no setting for it as it is designed this way so that is does not consume more energy to the phone." But even i have the ability to charge the phone often, they dont allow for an option!

This is the 1st time I m using Sony Ericsson Phone, all the while I was using Nokia & Samsung. So far I have no problem with all my Nokia and samsung Phones. Just that I thought I should change for something different since they all said that sony ericsson were GOOD! Well! I m wrong! I will not buy anymore Sony Ericsson Phones again.